Under general supervision of the Coordinator, Manager and/or Director, provides a variety of direct care and support services to a selected group of adult individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Driver- MVR reviewed and qualified as approved driver.
- Non-Driver – Voluntary selection by incumbent to be a Non Driver/Waiver, or after review of MVR – not cleared to be a driver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach, assist with and provide basic living skills that include personal hygiene, food preparation, attending to resident needs, administer medications and transportation to individuals to residents.
- Participate in ISP meetings and other meetings relating to the quality of direct care provided to the residents.
- Maintains positive interactions and communications with support coordinators, parents, guardians, community members, and other professionals.
- Support daily routines in home-like environments and participate in the creation of recreational plans/activities, community interactions and ongoing independent living skill development.
- Observe, document observations, progress, special incidents, and comply with documentation and records requirements.
- Review each resident’s records to insure compliance with required care and to remain informed of any further prescriptions provided.
- Communicate in an effective manner with other direct care staff, medical professionals, and program managers regarding services provided and the needs of the residents.
- Coordinate and implement activities and evaluations.
- Insure that living environment is kept clean and that resident personal belongings are maintained, cleaned and respected.
- Maintain a proactive approach to the upkeep, safety and maintenance needs of the living environments all in the best interest and safety of residents and staff. Report maintenance requirements as needed.
- Prepare/assist with food preparations as directed by weekly/daily menu and resident needs. Prepare special meals as required by residents
- Perform sleepover duties as required.
- Successfully complete all training requirements established by DDD and PPEP and remain in compliance with certifications required (CPR/1st Aid, Fingerprint Clearance, annual policies/procedures) and other annual training requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Have at least three (3) months experience in the following:
- Implementing plans and guidelines mandated by the ISP, policy and procedures, etc.
- Documenting observations and maintaining facility records
- Conducting group or individual activities related to developmental, habilitative, or recreational programs
- Have three (3) months experience in providing either respite or personal care, and have received training, approved by the AZ DDD in implementing and documenting performance
- Have performed three (3) months of habilitation services or three (3) months under the direct supervision of an individual who is qualified to provide such services.
- High School diploma or G.E.D, in addition, any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license and MVR clearance to gain agency approval and must be able to drive.
- Must be 18 years of age or older. Must be 21 or older with an approved MVR to drive/transport.
- Must possess and maintain a Level I Fingerprint Card and Background Clearance or have the ability to receive an AZ DPS Fingerprint Level 1 clearance
- Must possess and maintain CPR, First Aid and Article 9 training. If not, must complete and receive CPR/First Aid certification and successfully complete Article 9 offered.
- Must possess and maintain Prevention and Supports certification or successfully complete this training.
- Must possess and maintain current QMAT and perform all Medication Administration duties or successfully complete this training.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English language as required for this position and service to clients.
- If 21 years or older - must have the ability to drive/operate an agency transport vehicle and have completed Driver’s Training as required to be a designated driver.
- Sound reasoning, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to perform crisis intervention to prevent harmful behaviors.
- Ability to perform First Aid/CPR.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see and hear in order to monitor clients.
- Must be fully ambulatory and able to frequently lift, push and pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to climb stairs and assist consumers in moving household items if necessary.
- Must be able to remain calm and non-defensive with a supportive attitude during crisis or potential crisis.
Special Notes: In-service training requirements. Due to Department of Health Services and the Division of Behavioral Health requirements, some positions in this category are required to provide medical clearance. Department of Labor regulation CFR Part 1910.1030 requires notification that this category may have a risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Hepatitis B Vaccine will be provided.
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED