The Farmworker Housing Case Manager- will conduct outreach and provide one-on-one assistance to farmworkers to access permanent housing and temporary housing. The case manager will provide information on other supportive services and provide rental assistance when necessary. This position will work with growers and other farm labor contractors in the development of farmworker housing. Case manager will work with individuals to improve abilities to purchase housing through the 502/504 programs and assit with credit counseling when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assess Farmworker’s strengths, needs, abilities and preferences to assist them in the development of permanent/temporary housing and service goals.
• Monitor Farmworker's progress weekly and maintain timely and accurate documentation of their progress when enrolled in credit counseling or needing other assistance.
• Enforce program rules and procedures to ensure compliance.
• Provide linkage to available services and advocate for additional community resources through referral to the NFJP employment and training program.
• Recruit clients for the program by maintaining close contacts with farm worker communities in the county and with other communities that are the target of the program. This will include explaining the goals and objectives of the program to potential NFJP clients and local agencies.
• Prepare strategic plan to outreach to farm workers with short range goals to meet funding objectives.
• Interview potential NFJP clients for the program so that basic information concerning the client can be completed through the Intake application form.
• Coordinate with appropriate agencies to determine eligibility for housing services and to complete paperwork required of all new clients in NFJP.
• Maintain files related to the clients in the program and the activities they are enrolled in, and prepare monthly reports based on these files.
• Refer participants to needed social services, and coordinate with other agencies and programs so that needed supportive services are available to the participants.
• Relate PMHDC program information to potential builders of farmworker housing.
• Work with realtors in the purchase and development of farm labor rental housing projects.
• Work with partner construction agencies in the development of farm labor housing and materials and supplies needed for rehab projects.
• Help to interview perspective tenants for completed rental housing projects.
• Monitor PMHDC properties purchased and staying in the PMHDC portfolio.
• Coordinate with other Farm Worker services program staff to meet program goals and create a cooperative working environment.
• Attend required meetings and conferences.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience;
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be responsive and persuasive with farm workers and employers;
• Two year experience in a support role or equivalent;
• Experience working with low income and diverse populations;
• Valid Arizona driver’s license and clearance/approval from corporate auto insurer.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Bachelor Degree in Human or Social Services
• Must be able to see/read a computer monitor screen.
• Must be able to lift and carry ten (10) pounds.
• Must be able to travel by car for extended periods of time.